Liko Multirall 200 Overhead Lift Linked to Serious Injuries
According to the FDA Recall Notice , this action affects the following devices:
- Liko Multirall 200 (product number 3130001)
- Universal SlingBar 450 R2R (product number 3156095)
- Universal SlingBar 350 R2R (product number 3156094)
- Carriage D45 with Double Hook (product number 3136100)
- Extension belt 300-400 mm (product number 3136226)
- Extension belt 400-600 mm (product number 3136227)
- Extension belt 600-1000 mm (product number 3136228)
- Extension belt 1000-1400mm (product number 3136229)
"Hillrom is recalling the Liko Multirall 200 Overhead Lift due to customer reports that the Q-link strap lock does not attach to the S65 carriage hook as it should," FDA said. "If the strap lock does not attach, the motor or the patient may fall from the sitting position. Use of the affected product may cause adverse events such as serious injury and death."
The Hillrom Multirall 200 Overhead Lift is a general-purpose patient lift used in nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities and hospitals to move patients from room to room. The lift is part of the Multirall 200 overhead lift system which includes an overhead lift motor, the S65 rail carriage hook, and a Q-link strap.
The recalled patient lifts were manufactured and distributed to rehabilitation centers in the U.S. from Oct. 1, 2020 to Dec. 17, 2020. FDA has identified this as a Class I Recall, the most serious type of recall.
This recall began on December 18, 2020.
Related: All the medical devices lawsuits we've taken
Get a Free Hillrom Lift Lawsuit Evaluation With Our Lawyers
The Medical Device Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Hillrom Lift Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured by a Hillrom Lift, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.